Train like an Army Ranger with the Army Ranger Fitness app. The app is the RAW (Ranger Athlete Warrior) training program created by the Army specifically for Ranger physical training.
The purpose of RAW is to provide education and training that optimize the physical/mental development and sustainment of the Regiment's most lethal weapon - the individual Ranger.
The objective of RAW is to field self-sustaining systems that ensure all Rangers:
- Achieve a level of physical fitness that is commensurate with the physical requirements of Ranger missions.
- Understand and choose sound nutritional practices.
- Employ mental toughness skills to enhance personal and professional development.
- Receive screening/education for injury prevention and prompt, effective, and thorough treatment/rehabilitation of injuries when they do occur.
The concept for the Ranger human performance initiative that eventually became “RAW.” As the concept for RAW emerged, three objectives were identified:
- Control Injuries - No one is against injury prevention measures unless they sacrifice performance. In nearly all instances, sound training practices control injuries and improve performance. For example, replacing some distance running with strength and/or movements skills training will not only decrease the likelihood of lower extremity stress injuries, but will also improve strength/movement skill performance.
- Improve Performance - The desire to improve performance does not suggest anything other than a fundamental philosophy of all great organizations– be better tomorrow than you are today. Fortunately, knowledge and experience allow us to train in ways that build upon the Ranger tradition of exceptional physical performance.
- Standardize Ranger PT - Rangers at each battalion should develop similar physical proficiencies. PT need not look exactly the same at each battalion, but physical capabilities should be more or less the same across the Regiment.
With those three objectives, the Regimental Medical Section began consulting military and civilian performance experts. In January of 2006, the RAW development team began a pilot study with a platoon from 3-75. The latest version (4.0) of the Ranger Athlete Warrior Program was introduced in 2011.
- Movement Prep and Recovery
- Strength Training
- Endurance Training
- Movement Skills
- Hybrid Workouts
- Tactical Physical Training
- RAW Assessments
- Program Schedules
You can train like an Army Ranger with the Army Ranger Fitness app.